1. Usually the low interest rate currency trades at a ______ to the high interest rate currency in the forward market.
2. Which of the following statements about standby letters of credit is true? ______.
A. They can serve as a guarantee to a buyer against a seller defaulting
B. They are contrary to the general rule that letters of credit may only be used for the actual movement of goods
C. They are unlike a tender (or other) bond in their legal standing and method of operation
D. They are unlike a tender bond with its fixed expiry date
3. The most liquid of all assets is ______.
A. the stock of commercial banks
B. M 1
D. the debt of major corporations
4. Beta and standard deviation differ as risk measures in that beta measures ______.
A. only unsystematic risk, while standard deviation measures total risk
B. only systematic risk, while standard deviation measures total risk
C. both systematic and unsystematic risk, while standard deviation measures only unsystematic risk
D. both systematic and unsystematic risk, while standard deviation measures only systematic risk
5. What information would you find in a statement of cash flows that you would not be able to get from the other two primary financial statements? ______.
A. Cash provided by or used in financing activities
B. Cash balance at the end of the period
C. Total liabilities due to creditors at the end of the period
D. Net income
6. An analyst estimates that a stock has the following probabilities of return depending on the state of the economy:
|State of economy||Probability||Return|
The expected return of the stock is ______.
A. 7.8% C. 11.7%
7. According to the rules of debit and credit for balance sheet accounts ______.
A. increases in asset, liability, and owner's equity accounts are recorded by debits
B. decreases in asset and liability accounts are recorded by credits
C. increases in asset and owner's equity accounts are recorded by debits
D. decreases in liability and owner's equity accounts are recorded by debits 265
8. Individuals will accept the medium of exchange in return for goods and services only if they are confident that ______.
A. the inflation rate is zero
B. it possesses intrinsic value
C. they can pass it on to others
D. they can exchange it for gold
9. When a country's currency appreciates, the country's goods abroad become ______ and foreign goods in that country become ______.
A. cheaper... more expensive
B. more expensive... cheaper
D. more expensive... more expensive
10. A US company is bidding for a contract in China. Its Chinese customer asks for a performance bond. What is the most likely course of action? ______.
A. It asks its bank to issue a tender bond which can be converted into a performance bond
B. It gives up its bid C. It consults its bank about issuing a standby letter of credit
D. It asks its bank to issue a performance bond