1. Under which one of the following circumstances would it be wise for your customer to arrange a forward foreign exchange contract? ______.
A. Import of goods priced in a foreign currency
B. Import of goods priced in RMB
C. Export of goods priced in RMB
D. Export of goods priced in a foreign currency where the rate of exchange has been agreed in the sales contract
2. Incoterms address ______.
A. the risks of loss between the parties
B. breaches of contract
C. ownership rights
D. type of ship used
3. Which of the following is or was an example of representative full-bodied money? ______.
A. Debt money
B. ATS account
C. Gold certificate
D. Demand deposit
4. Risks associated with investing in foreign countries are the following except ______.
A. voting risk
B. exchange rate risk
C. country risk
D. political risk
5. An exporter sells goods to a customer abroad on FOB and on CIF term. Who is responsible for the freight charges in each? ______.
A. Exporter; Exporter
B. Exporter; Importer
C. Importer; Importer
D. Importer; Exporter
6. Default risk refers to the possibility that a borrower may ______.
A. be unable to repay the principal on his loan
B. be unable to make the interest payments on his loan
C. go bankrupt
D. all of the above
7. What is the reserve requirement? ______.
A. The requirement of a bank to deposit a percentage of money
B. The requirement for deposits in cash
C. The percentage of a bank's deposits in the form of cash reserves
D. The requirement for cash reserves
8. A draft is like a check that can be endorsed but it isn't a title to goods, like ______.
A. a bill of lading
B. an inspection certificate
C. a certificate of origin
D. an insurance certificate
9. Arbitrage ______.
A. is a general economic term for buying something where it is cheap and selling it where it is dear
B. keeps exchange rates consistent across markets
C. has been outlawed by the International Monetary Fund
D. cannot occur where there is a forward exchange market
E. both A and B
10. What is the purpose of comparing the ledger entries with the documents? ______.
A. To prove that all the transactions have made for the right amounts
B. To prove that all the accounts have been posted correctly
C. To check the number of all the debits and credits
D. To post the right accounts