同flexible, moldable, tractable, impressionable
When children are young, their minds are very malleable.
同one thousand years
In the year 3000, we will reach the beginning of a new millennium.
同mumble, mutter, grumble
Carl murmured something that none of us heard clearly.
同unimportant, insignificant, trifling, petty
The wind was so light that it had only a negligible effect on the outside temperature.
同haunt, besiege, beset
Professor Thompson has been obsessed with the history of ancient Egypt for more than twenty years.
同excursion, expedition, pleasure trip
Our class went on an outing to the countryside where we had a picnic lunch.我们班到乡下去远足野餐。
Sam had a very paradoxical personality; he was very shy, but often outgoing, too.
同attitude, way of looking, proportion
What is your perspective on the problems in today’s schools, Harriet?哈丽特，你对当今校园问题的看法如何？
Exercise: Fill in the blanks.
1. The teacher’s _____ criticism made the little boy cry.
2. My parrot can _____ Michael Jackson singing“Bad”.
3. He was a weak, _____ man with no will of his own.
4. Dr. Kimble became _____ with finding the one-armed man who had killed his wife.
5. This book tells a story from the _____ of a ten-year-old child.
解答?1. harsh 2. imitate 3. malleable 4. obsessed 5. perspective