Directions: There are 30 incomplete sentences in this part. For each sentence there are four choices marked A), B), C) and D). Choose the ONE answer that best completes the sentence. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre.
31. Salaries for positions seem to be higher than for permanent ones.
32. Mrs. gmithwas so about everything that no servants could please her.
33. His temper and personalky show that he can become a soldier of the top
34. There has been a collision a number of cars on the main road to town.
35. Norman Davis will be remembered by many with not only as a great scholar but also as a most delightful and faithful friend.
36. Science and technology have in important ways to the improvement of agricultural production.
37. He never arrives on time and my is that he feels the meetings are useless.
38. Only those who can to lose their money should make high-risk investments.
39. Ten days ago the young man info~ed his boss of his intention to
40. Though she began her by singing in a local pop group,she is now a famous Hollywood movie star.
41. As he has our pratience,we’ll not wait for him any longer.
42. Tomorrow the mayor is to a group of Canadian businessmen on a tour of the city.
43. Most people agree that the present role of women has already affected U.S. society.
it has affected the traditional role of men.
A) Above all
B) In all
C) At most
D) At last
44. It is obvious that this new rule is applicable to everyone without
45. As one of the world’s highest paid models, she had her face. for five million dollars
46. The machine looked like a large, ，old-fashioned typewriter.
47. Within two weeks of arrival, all foreigners had to with the local police
48. I’m enough to know it is going to be a very difficult situation to compete against three strong teams.
49, He found the media attention intolerable and decided to go abroad.
50, elephants are different from wild elephants in many aspects, including their tempers.