The typical pre-industrial family not only had a good many children, but numerous other dependents as well---grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousions. Such "extended" families were suited for survival in slow paced __1__ societies. But such families are hard to __2__. They are immobile.
Industrialism demanded masses of workers ready and able to move off the land in pursuit of jobs, and to move again whenever necessary. Thus the extended family __3__ shed its excess weight and the so-called "nuclear" family emerged---a stripped-down, portable family unit __4__ only of parents and a small set of children. This new style family, far more __5__ than the traditional extended family, became the standard model in all the industrial counties. Super-industrialism, however, the next stage of eco-technological development, __6__ even higher mobility. Thus we may expect many among the people of the future to carry the streamlinling process, a step further by remaining children, cutting the family down to its more __7__ components, aman and a woman. Two people, perhaps with matched careers, will prove more efficient at navigating through education and social status, through job changes and geographic relocations, than teh ordinarily child-cluttered family.
A __8__ may be the postponement of children, rather than childlessness. Men and women today are often torn in __9__ between a commitment to career and a commitment to children. In the future, many __10__ will sidestep this problem by deferring the entire task of raising children until after retirement.
A)transplant B)solution C)gadually D)transport
E)elemental F)conflict G)continually H)mobile
I)couples J)agricultural K)including L)compromise
M)requires N)primary O)consisting
1. 选J）。此处应填形容词，修饰名次societies。文章第一句就说The typical pre-industrial family...“工业化之前的典型家庭模式......”， 即“extended" family存在于工业化之前的社会，即agricultural society。故J）正确。选项中的primary”最初的，原始的“不符合原文意思。
2. 选A）。由be hard to do sth.可知，此处应填动词原形。They are immobile“这样的家庭很难流动”，这说明这样的家庭are hard to...，选项中由transplant和transport两个动词原形，前者指的是“迁居，迁移”，后者指的是运输，不难推断前者符合原文意思，故A）transplant正确。
3. 选C）。因为这句话的句子结构完整，固此处应填副词。选项中的副词有gradually和continually,原文中...and the so-called "nuclear" family emerged.所谓的“核心家庭”便出现了“，emerge的意思是“浮现" ，强调经过一个过程后出现的。由此可以判断，这句话坏死说明核心家庭从无到有逐渐出现，而不是连续不断地出现，故选择C)gradually>
4. 选O）。该句可拆分理解，即a family unit... of parents and a smell set of children "一个家庭单元......父母和不多的孩子“，由此可以推出这里要填的词是表示”包含，由......组成“的。选项中的including和consisting均可以表示此意，但由原文中的of可排除including,consist of为固定刺诸，故O）为正确答案。
5. 选H）。从原文中的more...than可知，此处应填形容词，构成形容词的比较级结构。由第一段最后一句可知the traditional extended family是immobile,那么新型的家庭模式比旧的因该是更有流动性，故应选H）mobile，说明新型的家庭模式的优点。