( Questions 18 – 22 )
• you will hear another five short pieces.
• For each piece, decide what the speaker is trying to do.
• Write one letter ( A – H ) next to the number of the piece.
• You will hear the five pieces twice.
A place an order
B make a complaint
C change an appointment
D give a warning
E explain a delay
F thank someone
G make an arrangement
H reject an offer
18. This is the third time I＇ve called about this. It＇s a complete waste of my time and my staffs time. When we ordered the photocopier from you, you assured us it would be installed by one of your engineers and set up ready for use. Well, all your engineer basically did is plug it in and that was that. And now every time we switch it on, we get a warning message. But we don＇t know what it means because your man didn＇t even leave us a copy of the manual.
19. Before we begin, I＇ve been asked to tell you that Dr Jones has been delayed. That means he won＇t make it in time for his presentation on ＇Dealing with Complaints＇. Unfortunately, this means we＇ve had to cancel the session and anyone who signed up for it should now choose between the other two sessions which are running this afternoon. Thank you. And now I＇ll hand you over to Kate.
20. I＇m just ringing to tell you about the positive feedback we＇ve had on the presentation you gave the other day. I really appreciate you stepping in like that at the last moment. I know you were a bit nervous, but I＇m very grateful you agreed to do it. And looking at the feedback forms, it seems the only complaint was about the size of the room. So, well done!
21. I＇ve checked with the Warehouse Manager and it seems there was a mix-up with the transport documents and your order was somehow sent to Gatwick instead of Heathrow. By the time the driver got back to Heathrow, he＇d missed the next flight out. And then there was an announcement cancelling the last flight due to technical problems. Anyway, your order will be on the first plane tomorrow.
22. Hello, David. This is Tina Woodhouse. I was just calling to say I＇m actually busy on the 15th, so I won＇t be able to see you in the morning. In fact, I＇ll be out all that week. So, I was wondering, rather than delaying things any longer, could we bring everything forward to the 14th? If that＇s OK. for you, perhaps you could call me. My extension＇s 349.
5 FUNCTION 1) 人员：security guard, receptionist, typist, (dictate), secretary, assistant badge 胸卡 salesperson, shop assistant, consultant, advisor, analyst, researcher too fussy/picky 挑三拣四的 expert, specialist, operator, cleaner, courier(通信员，联络员) engineer, machinist, technologist, technician 问题：problem, trouble, failure,breakdown,crackdown,out of order engineer 工程师 machinist 机械师 technologist 技术人员 technician 技工 tech-support 技术支持 trainer, trainee session 一次课 participant 参与者 fee 费用
seminar(座谈会)，presentation, discussion, workshop group(分组) airhostess, stewardess(空中小姐) check in, luggage, case, purse, take off, land, arrive, board, window seat, aisle seat, briefcase(公文包) suitcase(拉杆箱) 住宿：预约 reserve/book 入住 check in 登记表 registration card room double room/twin room suite 套房 executive room 行政间 facility wake-up call, laundry, courteous bus(礼仪车), airport shuttle, river taxi 部门：headquarters, head office(总部)，subsidiary, branch, office(分公司)
2) 设备 printer(打印机), photocopier(复印机), fax(传真) answering machine(答录机) , projector(投影仪),scanner(扫描仪) paper shredder(碎纸机), video player, video recorder duplicate 复印 OHP 投影仪
6 TOPIC 文件 bank statement 银行清算单 bank account(银行帐户), current account(活期帐户), deposit account(定期帐户) transfer 转帐 cash 现金 cheque 支票 interest rate 利率 exchange rate 汇率 bank holidy 银行假日 financial statement 财务报表 balance sheet 资产负债表 assets 资产 liabilities 负债 equity 权益 current assets 流动资产 fixed assets 固定资产 invisible assets 无形资产 profit and loss account 损益表 income statement revenue 收入 cost 成本 expenses 开支 net/gross income 毛/净收入 expenses claim form 报销申请表 reimburse，reimbursement 报销