PART I LISTENING COMPREHENSION (40 MIN)
In Sections A, B and C you will hear everything ONCE ONLY. Listen carefully and then answer the questions that follow. Mark the correct answer to each question on your coloured answer sheet
SECTION A TALK
Questions I to 5 refer to the talk in this section. At the end of the talk you will be given 15 seconds to answer each of the following five questions.
Now listen to the talk.
1. Which of the following statements about offices is NOT true according to the t
A. Offices throughout the world are basically alike.
B. There are primarily two kinds of office layout.
C. Office surroundings used to depend on company size.
D. Office atmosphere influences workers’ performance.
2. We can infer from the talk that harmonious work relations may have a direct impact on your
3. Supposing you were working in a small firm, which of the following would you do when you had some grievances?
A. Request a formal special meeting with the boss.
B. Draft a formal agenda for a special meeting.
C. Contact a consultative committee first.
D. Ask to see the boss for a talk immediately.
4. According to the talk, the union plays the following roles EXCEPT
5. Which topic is NOT covered in the talk?
A. Role of the union.
B. Work relations.
C. Company structure.
D. Office layout.
SECTION B INTERVIEW
Questions 6 to 10 are based on an interview. At the end of the interview you will be given 15seconds to answer each of the following five questions.
Now listen to the interview.
6. Which of the following statements is INCORRECT about David’s personal background?
A. He had excellent academic records at school and university.
B. He was once on a PHD programme at Yale University.
C. He received professional training in acting.
D. He came from a single-parent family.
7. David is inclined to believe in
C. the TV character.
D. government conspiracies.
8. David thinks he is fit for the TV role because of his
A. professional training.
C. life experience.
9. From the interview, we know that at present David feels
A. a sense of frustration.
B. haunted by the unknown things
C. confident but moody.
D. successful yet unsatisfied.
10. How does David feel about the divorce of his parents?
A. He feels a sense of anger.
B. He has a sense of sadness.
C. It helped him grow up.
D. It left no effect on him.