1. A. June 2nd B. July 20th C. July 22nd D. June 22nd
2. A. hot B. short C. lost D. a lot
3. A. I should wait. B. My face is wet. C. I like black. D. I like white.
4. A. Do the cleaning. B. Go shopping. C. Do the reading. D. Do some washing.
5. A. Claire doesn’t like my parents. B. Claire doesn’t like the country.
C. Claire is back home now. D. Claire is living in another country.
6. A. Just fine, thanks. B. I’m good. C. Today is Monday. D. It’s a nice day.
7. A. Why can’t she? B. I’m so sorry to hear that.
C. She is a student. D. She is such a nice girl!
8. A. Thank you. B. I’ll have tea, please. C. Yes, right. D. Sorry to trouble you.
9. A. No, don’t say that. B. Thank you. C. Good idea! D. Oh, it’s nothing.
10. A. No, it’s not so beautiful. B. Do you want another?
C. Not at all. I’m glad you like it. D. Don’t thank again.
III. 听对话和问题，选择适当的图画。（共5小题，每小题1分，计 5分）
Weather： A. sunny B. cloudy C. rainy D. windy
Temperature: A. 18℃-28℃ B. 21℃-31℃ C.5℃-13℃ D. 5℃-10℃
I. 词汇 (共10小题，每小题1分，计10分)
1. Mike doesn’t like science. He thinks it is less interesting than English.
A. as … as B. so … as C. not so … as D. not very … as
2. The man doesn’t want to change his mind because he thinks he’s right.
A. way B. idea C. life D. sound
3. The runner couldn’t catch up with the others in the race.
A. fell behind B. beat C. ran faster than D. was neck and neck with
4. Study hard or you will fail in the maths exam.
A. get good results in B. drop C. not pass D. miss
5. Mother has gone shopping. She’ll be back in a minute.
A. later B. very soon C. on time D. at the moment
6. I think John can finish the work _______ (容易地).
7. The mountains will be covered with trees in a few ______ (年) time.
8. Please take this medicine, or you’ll feel even _____ (更糟).
9. The book Red Star Over China was ______ (写) by Edgar Snow.
10. Oh, this coat is too big! It’s almost ______ (两倍) the size of mine.
11. There ______ a table with three legs in Jenny’s room.
A. is B. are C. has D. have
12. Can I borrow ______ pencil? ______ is broken.
A. you, My B. your, Me C. your, Mine D. yours, My
13. There are ______ in the field. They’re eating grass.
A. a horse B. much horses C. many horse D. many horses
14. Would you please say it ______? I still can’t follow you.
A. more slow B. much slow C. more slowly D. much slowly
15. --- Where is Jim?
--- He ______ England.
A. has been in B. has been to C. goes to D. has gone to
16. Mike had nothing for breakfast, ______?
A. does he B. did he C. didn’t he D. had he
17. ______ he ______ the doctor the day before yesterday?
A. Have, seen B. Has, seen C. Did, see D. Does, see
18. Never trouble me while I ______ in my room!
A. will sleep B. asleep C. am sleeping D. slept
19. That white building _______ two years ago, but it looks quite old now.
A. built B. was built C. is built D. builds
20. --- I watched the TV programme last night.
A. So I do B. So I did C. So did I D. So do I
21. --- How long _____ you _____ the bicycle?
--- About two weeks.
A. have, had B. have, bought C. did, buy D. have, get
22. I don’t quite like _____. It’s too hard.
A. the fifth lesson B. the lesson five C. five lessons D. the fifth lessons
23. He was _____ tired _____ he couldn’t go on working.
A. too, to B. such, that C. so, that D. too, that
24. I remember Susan left _____ a very cold morning of January.
A. in B. on C. at D. from
25. You’d better keep the windows _____. It’s so hot here.
A. open B. opening C. opens D. opened
26. He wasn’t ______ with the knife. He cut himself.
A. careful enough B. enough careful C. carefully enough D. enough carefully
27. There are so many kinds of radios in the shop. I can’t decide _____.
A. to buy what B. to buy which C. what to buy D. which to buy
28. I have two sons, but _____ of them lives with me.
A. all B. both C. neither D. few
29. Excuse me, sir. Could you tell me ______?
A. where I can find the toilet B. where can I find the toilet
C. where do I find the toilet D. the toilet is where
30. I’ll meet him at the station when he ______.
A. will return B. return C. returns D. returned
(Bob is ill. He is phoning Ann for the school work.)
Bob: Hello. ___31__
Ann: Hi, Bob. How are you feeling today?
Bob: Oh, I’m fine now. Can you tell me what happened in our class?
Ann: Sure. ___32___ Oh, yes. In history we finished talking about World War II. We have to study Unit 7 and Unit 8 for an exam tomorrow.
Bob: ___33___ I didn’t read Unit 8 yet. What did you do in English?
Ann: Not much. We worked on a play in groups. We don’t have any homework.
Ann: We have a lot of maths homework. We have to do the problems on pages 17, 18, 19 and 20.
Bob: Oh, dear! ___35___ Maybe I can be ill tomorrow, too.
31. A. Who are you? B. Who’s that? C. I’m Bob. D. This is Bob.
32. A. Let me see. B. Let me show you. C. Let me look for it. D. Let me tell you.
33. A. Oh, yes! B. Don’t do that! C. Oh, that’s too bad! D. Thank goodness!
34. A. What was maths? B. What do you think of maths?
C. What about maths? D. Did you enjoy the play?
35. A. I don’t know I can finish all of that! B. I don’t think I can finish all of that!
C. I’m afraid I can finish all of that! D. I’m sure I can finish all of that!
(Mike comes to see Dr. White. W: Dr. White; M: Mike)
M: Well, doctor. It’s my eyes. I can’t see clearly.
M: Since last week, I think.
W: Let me have a look. Oh, Mike, I guess you are working too hard these days and taking less care of your eyes.
M: ___38___ What should I do then?
W: Well, when you feel tired, just stop working and come out to enjoy a short rest. Remember, never go to bed too late and don’t read in bed.
W: Sure, Mike.
M: ___40___ Thank you very much.
A. Do you think that will help?
B. That’s true.
C. You are wrong.
D. What’s the trouble, Mike?
E. How long have you had the problem?
F. Good idea!
G. All right, doctor. I’ll try it.
Debbie got up early last Saturday morning. She wanted _41_ in Green Park with some of her friends. She was very happy about it. _42_ she was ready, she got on her bike and left for the park -- it was on the other side of the town. Suddenly, as she was riding fast, she _43_ sirens (警笛). The sound of the sirens was getting _44_, so Debbie looked _45_ her to see what was happening. As a result (结果), she fell off her bike and lay in the middle of the road. Luckily, Debbie wasn’t hurt, _46_ a car hit her bike. After the car _47_, two men got out and started running. _48_, a police car stopped next to the same car and three policemen got out and started running after the two men. One of the policemen shouted, “Stop the thieves (贼)!”
_49_ a policeman came to see Debbie. He thanked her because, in a way, she had helped them _50_.
41. A. goes to skate B. go skating C. going to skate D. to go skating
42. A. While B. As soon as C. If D. As quickly as
43. A. heard B. listened to C. found D. saw
44. A. close and close B. closer and closer C. big and big D. bigger and bigger
45. A. after B. in front of C. behind D. before
46. A. because B. so C. but D. and
47. A. fell over B. passed away C. turned back D. stopped
48. A. A few minutes later B. Just then C. After an hour D. Very fast
49. A. In a few days B. Sometimes C. Some time later D. At the same time
50. A. get out of the car B. run after the two men
C. catch the thieves D. shout at the thieves
It was a very hot summer morning but inside the Pyramid(金字塔) it was quite cool. Tom and his classmates had just walked into the Pyramid and were very surprised to see what it was like.
They went to the Queen’s Room. They saw a passage ( 通道). At the end of it there was a small room. They were told that they couldn’t go into that room, because it was newly found. Tom looked towards the passage. Two of his friends Jason and Peter saw him and said “Don’t get into trouble, Tom!”. As soon as nobody was looking, Tom went up the dark passage, opened the door and walked in. Suddenly the door closed behind him. The room was very dark, but luckily Tom had brought a torch (手电筒 ) with him. When he turned it on, he saw two white faces in front of him. “Oh, no!” he cried and ran to the door. He quickly opened it and went down the passage to the Queen’s Room as fast as he could.
As soon as Tom disappeared, Jason and Peter took the pieces of white cloth(布) off their faces and walked slowly down the passage. They couldn’t stop laughing. “That will teach him a lesson,” said Jason.
51. Why did Jason and Peter say “Don’t get into trouble, Tom!”?
A. Because they knew that Tom was thinking of getting into that small room.
B. Because Tom had got into trouble earlier that day.
C. Because Tom was very much afraid.
D. Because they were not good friends.
52. What did Tom do when the door closed behind him?
A. He was afraid and cried loudly. B. He waited quietly in the dark.
C. He turned on his torch. D. He ran away quickly.
53. The word “ disappeared” most possibly means ______.
A. found the secret B. couldn’t be seen C. cried loudly D. closed the door
54. Jason and Peter laughed because ________.
A. they had got Tom into trouble B. they liked telling jokes
C. they had played a joke on Tom D. Tom didn’t listen to them
I like your programmes very much. I’m now writing to ask you something about American social customs (社交习惯). My American friends want me to join them in their dinner party. I am very happy and have decided to go, but I’m a little worried about it, too. The social customs in my country are very different from here, so I’m afraid of making mistakes.
Should I bring a present, such as sweets or flowers? Should I arrive on time or a little late? At the dinner table, how can I know which fork (叉子) or knife to use? How can I let the family know that I’m thankful for their kindness?
Dear Wang Lin,
It’s a good idea to bring a small present when you go to a dinner party. Flowers are always nice, or you may bring a bottle of wine (葡萄酒) if you know that your friends drink it.
You should arrive on time or five to ten minutes late. Don’t get there early. If you’re going to be more than fifteen minutes late, you should call and tell them.
Try to be free at the dinner table. If you don’t know about choosing the right fork or knife, just watch the other people, and follow them. If you still have no idea of what to do, ask the person next to you.
If you like the food, say so. Of course, you’ll thank them for the meal and for their kindness. It’s also a good idea to send a thank-you card the day after.
55. Wang Lin wants to _______.
A. make friends with Rose B. know some social customs for a dinner party
C. make her friends happy D. give her friends a surprise
56. Rose is possibly ________.
A. a good housewife B. a TV hostess (主持人)
C. a member of the dinner party D. a friend of Wang Lin’s
57. If you’re asked to a dinner party but not sure about what to bring as a present, it’s good to bring _______.
A. some fruits B. a bottle of wine
C. some flowers D. a knife and fork
58. Which of the following is NOT proper (适当的) for joining in a dinner party?
A. Get there 15 minutes earlier. B. Make yourself at home.
C. Follow others to use forks and knives. D. Thank your friends for the meal.
59. From the letters we’ve learned that it’s very _____ to know something about American social customs.
A. difficult B. friendly C. enjoyable D. helpful
Last Wednesday my class went to London Zoo. It was our first journey and we were all very happy.
_60_ Halfway to the zoo we stopped at a station because the driver of the bus wanted to check (检查) something. _61_ We soon forgot about the time. I was buying chips when I suddenly saw our bus leaving without us! My friend and I ran outside and started shouting, but it was no good. _62_ Fifteen minutes later I decided to call my parents. _63_ Our bus was driving into the station. _64 We were so happy!
When we got on the bus, our teacher was angry. Luckily, she was also glad to see us.
A. We waited for some time but the bus didn’t return.
B. We left early in the morning because it was a two-hour journey.
C. All our classmates were shouting to us.
D. Just as I was ringing, I looked up and couldn’t believe(相信) my eyes!
E. While we were waiting, my friend and I went to the shop to buy chips.
65. Choose the best title (标题) for this story.
A. The day I got lost B. A journey with a bad start
C. A visit to London Zoo D. Be more careful
A) 根据图示，在下文空格处填入适当的词语(词数不限), 完成图下的短文。
One day Jane and Jill were shopping in a shop. Jane saw some marbles (玻璃球) and decided to _ 66 _.
As they were walking to the shopkeeper to pay for the balls, they saw a man with a gun (枪) 67 , pointing to the shopkeeper. Suddenly Jane __68____. She threw the marbles on the floor near the door.
As the man was running to the door with the money, he ___69___ and dropped his gun. Just then the security guard (保安人员) picked up the gun and __70____.
Apple Tree School
one sister, two brothers
英 语 试 题
考生注意：1. 本试卷共10页，其中试题8页, 答题纸2页；总分为120分，其中听力部分20分，笔试部分100分；考试时间为120分钟。
No. 1 I was born on June 22nd 1985. Tomorrow is my birthday.
No. 2 Where shall we go? I think we are lost.
No. 3 I don’t quite like black. My favourite color is white.
No. 4 I have to do some washing today. There are so many dirty clothes.
No. 5 My sister Claire is living with my grandma in the country. She came back yesterday to see my parents.
No. 6 How are you today?
No. 7 Zhang Lan can’t come to school today. She is ill.
No. 8 Which would you like, tea or milk?
No. 9 Good luck to you! I’m sure you can pass the exam.
No. 10 Thank you ever so much for your beautiful present.
No. 11 M: Do you have a watch, Jane?
W: Oh, yes. My watch says it’s 3:20.
Question: What is the time now?
No. 12 W: It’s Jim’s birthday this Friday. What shall we get him?
M: Mmm, it’s difficult. A football? A pencil-box? But he’s already got several of
W: We could get him something to wear. No, let’s get him a book on sports — he very much likes that.
M: Oh, why not?
Question: What will Jim get for his birthday?
No. 13 M: Are we going to see Grandpa, Mum? What does he look like?
W: Well, Tom. Your grandpa is a kind old man, with white hair. He is sixty but he wears no glasses. He will be very happy to see you.
Question: What does Tom’s grandpa look like?
No. 14 M: What fruits shall we get for the picnic, Lily?
W: Can we just get some oranges and bananas?
M: I don’t like oranges. How about some apples instead?
W: They are so expensive at the moment. Let’s get the bananas then.
Question: What fruit are they going to take for the picnic?
No. 15 W: Good morning, sir, how can I help you?
M: Well, I’d like to buy a car, please. Something fast and nice, and big enough for a family of six people.
Question: Which is the best one for the man?
It’s very easy to get to the city library. Go down Main Street. Turn left at the first crossing. That’s Park Road. Walk until you reach the end. Turn right and walk about 100 meters, you’ll see the library on your left.
And now here’s today’s weather report for some big cities in the world. In London it will be cloudy with the temperature 5 to13. In Paris you’ll have heavy rain during the day-time. The lowest temperature will be 5 and the highest 10. Washington will have a nice day. The weather will be sunny and the temperature will be 18 to 28. If you live in New York, you’ll have beautiful sunshine. It will be sunny with a low of 21 and a high of 31.
英 语 试 题 答 案 及 评 分 标 准
答 案：1. D 2. C 3. D 4. D 5.C
答 案：6.A 7.B 8.B 9.B 10. C
答 案：11. A 12. C 13. B 14. B 15. C
答 案：16. C
答 案：17. B, C 18. C, D 19. A, A 20. A, B
答 案：A) 1. C 2. B 3. A 4. C 5. B
B) 6. easily 7. years’ 8. worse 9. written 10. twice
答 案：11. A 12. C 13. D 14. C 15. D 16. B 17. C 18. C 19. B 20. C
21. A 22. A 23. C 24. B 25. A 26. A 27. D 28. C 29. A 30. C
答 案：A）31. D 32. A 33. C 34. C 35. B
B）36. D 37. E 38. B 39. A 40. G
答 案： 41. D 42. B 43. A 44. B 45. C 46. C 47. D 48. B 49. C 50. C
答 案：A）51. A 52. C 53. B 54. C
B）55. B 56.B 57. C 58. A 59. D
C）60. B 61. E 62. A 63. D 64. C 65. B
66. buy / take / get / have them / some / the marbles / some marbles
67. in his (right) hand
68. had an ( a good, clever) idea
69. fell / fell down, fell / fell down to (on) the ground
70. caught / stopped him / the thief
71．Lucy Green is my new penfriend. She is fourteen (14 years old). She is from London, England. She studies in Apple Tree School. She has one sister and two brothers. Her favourite subject is maths.