TOEFL Independent Writing
Essay topics 2018 China
TOEFL Independent Writing
Essay topics 2017 China
If your friend wants to reduce living expenses, which one would you suggest?
1. Find a roommate that can share the living expenses.
2. Buy the new technology products (cellphone) less frequently.
3. Shop for less expensive food and cook at home (instead of eating in restaurant or buying expensive food item).
Do you agree or disagree the following statement? The most important way to improve people’s health is to clean the environment.
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Students do not respect teachers as much as they did in the past.
Which one do you think is the most important for high school teacher (for students age from 15 to 18) ?
1. The ability to give students advice for their future.
2. The ability to find which students need help and provide them with help.
3. The ability to encourage students to learn on themselves outside of the classroom.
If there is a way to improve yourself, which one among the three choices that you would take?
1. Take more exercise
2. Eat more healthy food
3. Reduce the amount of stress
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In the past, people ate food that was better for their health than they do today.
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The more people have, the more they should give away to charity.
The government can take a variety of actions to help protect the environment. Which of the following do you think is the most important for the government to take to protect the environment?
1. Fund the research to develop environmentally friendly energy sources such as solar and wind energy.
2. Preserve the natural places like forests and protect animals that live there.
3. Enforce laws to prevent the pollution of air and water.
Should teenagers (16-19) be allowed to work at paid part-time job or not?
Parents give their children weekly money to buy whatever they want. Some people think that this can cause bad habits and ideas about money in children. Others think otherwise. What is your opinion?
High school teachers (teachers of students age 14-19) spend most of class time lecturing (speaking) while the students listen and take notes. Other high school teachers spend most of class time on discussion and projects that students are highly involved in and exchange their ideas. Which of these two approaches do you think is more effective for students’ learning and why?
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Universities should require graduation students to take public speaking course.
2017-10-28 (2017-03-04) 改拍电影
Many filmmakers made movies based on books. When a movie is produced based on books, some people prefer to read books before watching films while other people choose to watch movie first. What do you think?
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Students are more interested in politics today than they were in the past.
Most adults believe that modern children (5-10 years old) behave worse than those in the past. What actions should parents will have the most positive effect on children to help them behave better like respecting and treating others kindly?
1. Limit the types of the TV programs and movies they watch
2. Spend more time talking with children
3. Supervise and monitor children while they are playing with their friends
Some people think that success is most important in their life. Others think that it is more important to be happy when they fail. Who do you agree with and why?
Company should pay for employees to get university degrees. Do you agree or disagree?
Which of the following summer arrangements is better for a 16-17 years old student of grade 11?
1. Get ready for some of the major courses they want to study in college
2. Led by the teacher to visit museums or historical sites, and then write paper
A lot of school students now cheat in homework assignments by asking other students for answers. Which of the following do you think is the most efficient way to stop?
1. Asking parents to help stop the students from cheating
2. Penalty or punishment to the students
3. Asking teachers to create homework assignments that cannot be easily cheated
Children rely too much in the technology, such as computers, smartphones, and video games for fun and entertainment. Playing simpler toys or playing outside with friends would be better for children’s development. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
If one of your friends has the opportunity to study in either one of the two majors, which one of the following majors you will recommend?
1. A major that would allow your friend to complete studies and get a degree faster (so he or she can get a full-time job sooner)
2. A major that would require longer time to study but can make it more likely to get better employment opportunities and job offers in the future
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Sometimes people think that nowadays the media (TV, newspapers, the Internet) are less concerned about the accuracy of news than in the past, and the inaccurate information may cause more problems to the public.
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Nowadays it is easier to maintain good health than it was in the past.
Students aged 13-18 are taught different subjects by different teachers while younger students are taught by only one teacher all day long. Some people suggest it would benefit young students to be taught by different teachers. What is your opinion? Why?
Some people think that we should keep away from others to improve our relationship because being away from others may remind us of how important they are. However, other people think that we should always stay with others to have good relationship because we may communicate with them more often. What do you think?
A city wants to help teachers of its high school students (age 14-18) improve their teaching. It is considering two plans:
1. Choose a small group of excellent teachers; these teachers will attend a class led by an expert for additional training in how to teach effectively and they will then come back to their schools and provide that training for other teachers in school.
2. Provide additional training in teaching effectively for high school teachers, using online material that each teacher will study individually.
What is the most useful action for people to help improve the environment in their local communities?
1. Plant trees and create parks
2. Persuade local shops to stop providing plastic bags for consumers
3. Increase access to public transportation (such as buses and trains), and reduce the automobiles on roads
Some people like to buy and eat their meals at restaurants frequently, while others like to do this at home. Which do you prefer and why?
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? One can learn a lot about a person from the type of friends this person has.
2017-05-27 (2017-05-13) 儿童诚实
Which of the following values is the most important to share with a young child (5-10 years old)?
1. Being helpful
2. Being honest
3. Being well organized
At some universities, students take part in making decisions about the issues that affect daily life of everyone on campus, such as how many hours that the libraries should be open each day or what kinds of food should be served in the cafeteria. But at some other universities, experts are hired to make decisions, and students almost never get involved. Which approach do you prefer and why?
2017-05-13 (2017-05-27) 儿童诚实
Which one of the following values is the most important to share with a young child 5-10 years old)?
1. Being helpful
2. Being honest
3. Being well organized
It is impossible to always be completely honest with your friends. Do you agree or disagree?
Some young people are free in the evenings or have days off at school, which way can bring them the most benefit?
1. To accumulate work experience by taking a part-time job or volunteering in the local community
2. Learning to play a sport
3. Learning to play a musical instrument
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is better to make friends with intelligent people than with the people who have a good sense of humor.
You have long been a friend with someone. If they do something that you do not like, should you still be friends with him or her?
2017-03-25 (2018-01-27) 家付学费
Which one of the reasons is most important in helping students to study in colleges and universities?
1. Having access to the university tutors who can provide individual instruction for the students who have difficulties in study
2. Having the help and encouragement from the family and friends
3. Having excellent teachers in high school who can help the students before the university
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is better to relax through watching a film and reading a book than doing physical exercise.
2017-03-04 (2017-10-25) 小说电影
Nowadays many movies or films are based on books. Some people prefer to read the original book before they watch the movie while others prefer to watch the movie before reading the book. Which do you prefer?
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Rather than help their children do school work, parents should encourage them to study independently.
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The way a person dresses is a good indication of his or her personality or character.
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Sometimes we are assigned to work in a group on a project. The group will be helped more by person who will be willing to do what other group members want than by person who often strongly insists that things should be done in a way that is different from what the group wants to do.
As a student of university that has a long break between university semesters, the university requires all students to do one of the following for one month during the break:
1. Students must take a course in the subject that has no direct connection to their majors of study
2. Students must volunteer to work in the university’s city or their own hometown
Which one do you think is more beneficial for students in the future?
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A person’s honesty is the most important for being a leader.