a hateful appearance; repulsive looks
- a person with a formidable appearance.
- The wolf grinned in an ugly way.
- The fish began to look loathsome
- It is a marvelous conception this imageless divinity: nothing could be more opposed to our modern iconolatry
- The post-chaise contained a snuffy old dowager of seventy, with a maid, her contemporary
- What a hateful object !
- I hate this stupid road!
- I hate being photographed.
- appear in sight
- Appearances are deceitful
- They will appear later.
- He looked with repulsion at the dead body.
- There was an unconquerable repulsion for her in that monkish aspect
- The first term is the screened Coulomb repulsion.