6. 与汤姆打赌是没有用的，因为他永远不会改变他的想法。(no use)
7. 我宁可失去这场比赛，也不愿意伤害他。(would rather)
8. 除了请医生外，似乎没有别的事可做。(nothing but)
10. 爱伦今天上午缺席，因为她要去补牙。(have sth. done)
11. 我不能让你整天上上下下地跑着。(have sb doing)
12. 噪音那么多，以至于演讲者无法使自己被听众听清楚。(so… that)
14. 成年人有时太忙，不能玩耍。(too… to)
16. 他给了我很大的帮助，真是不胜感激。(It’s …of sb)
18. 说实话，直到昨天我才知道他们去上海了。(not… until)
20. 再也没有比看到学生的进步更使老师们高兴的了。(nothing… than)
1. The reason why Peter hasn’t come is that he didn’t catch the train.
2. He thinks it important that he does full preparation before the examinations every time.
3. Learning a foreign language well requires time and effort.
4. How to solve the problem will be discussed at tomorrow’s meeting.
5. It is polite for the student to give up his seat to the elderly woman.
6. It is no use debating with Tom, because he will never change his mind.
7. I’d rather lose the game than hurt him.
8. There seemed nothing else to do but send for a doctor.
9. It is said that the book has been translated into several foreign languages.
10. Ellen was absent this morning because she had her tooth filled.
11. I can’t have you running up and down all day long.
12. There was so much noise that the speaker couldn’t make himself heard.
13. It is not easy to be a host nation for the Olympics.
14. Adults are sometimes too busy to play.
15. The teachers don’t think it is difficult to learn English grammar.
16. It is very kind of him to give me so much help.
17. Those who pretend to know what they do not know will be punished one day.
18. To tell the truth, I didn’t know that they had already gone to Shanghai until yesterday.
19. Only by practice will you be able to improve your spoken English.
20. Nothing can give teachers more pleasure than to see the students’ progress.