1. C. They enjoyed the movie on space exploration.
2. B. At a gift shop.
3. D. He declined a job offer from the art gallery.
4. A. He will be unable to attend the birthday party.
5. A. Set a deadline for the staff to meet.
6. D. The way to the visitor's parking.
7. B. He has benefited from exercise.
8. D. The secretaries in the man's company.
9. A. It is used by more people than English.
10. C. The influence of the British Empire.
11. B. It includes a lot of words from other languages.
12. A. To place an order.
13. C. He is not familiar with the exact details of the goods.
14. C. It depends on a number of factors.
15. D. Ring back when she comes to a decision.
16. A) No one knows for sure when they came into being.
17. D) Carry ropes across rivers.
18. C) To prove that lightening is electricity.
19. C) She can speak several languages.
20. B) They have an intense interest in cross-cultural interactions.
21. C) She was able to translate for a German sports judge.
22. B) Taste the beef and give her comment.
23. D) He grew up in a poor single parent family.
24. A) Stupid
25. B) Write two book reports a week.
(28) made up of
(29) Now and then
(30) combine with