1. A. The woman should go on playing chess.
2. D. Mary probably knows Sally’s new address.
3. B. His notes are not easy to read.
4. D. The man had better choose another restaurant.
5 .C. He has been looking forward to spring.
6. B. The man appreciates the woman’s help.
7. B. Go to work on foot.
8. A. Temporary closing has disturbed the airport’s operation.
9. C. It has a chemical processing plant.
10. D. He’s a salesman.
11.C. Mr. Grand’s personal assistance.
12. B. Provide details of their products and services.
13. A. She listened to recordings of many European orchestras.
14. D. She began taking violin lessons as a small child.
15. A. It was the chance of a lifetime.
16. B) His personal history is little known.
17. D) He was a member of the town council.
18. C) Possible sources of clues about him were lost in a fire.
19. A) Theft.
20. B) Have the right documents.
21. B) Use official transport.
22. C) Sell inexpensive products.
23. A) At a meeting of top British businesspeople.
24. D) Insulted.
25. B) There should be a limit to one's sense of humour
30. In simple terms
33. take into account
35. using up
36 H passively
37 F harmful
38 I previously
39 L surfing
40 C decade
41 A climbed
42 G outcomes
43 E effective
44 B consume
45 D determine
46-55 FBMCE QGPJD
56 B) Well-educated people tend to work longer.
57 B) A rapid technological advance.
58 A) Economic growth will slow down.
59 C) Even wealthy people must work longer to live comfortably in retirement.
60 D) Skills are highly valued regardless of age.
61 C) The decline of the grain yield growth.
62 A) Their self-sufficiency is vital to the stability of world food markets.
63 D) They focus more on the increase of animal feed than human food feed grains.
64 D) The world will be able to feed its population without increasing farmland.
65 B) It is based on a doubtful assumption.
In the eyes of the western, the basic food closest to China isrice. Rice has long occupied so significant a position in the dietof Chinese that there is a proverb “ Even a clever housewife cannotcook a meal without rice”. Rice is grown mostly in southern Chinawhere people usually take rice as their staple food, while itcannot be planted in northern China where the climate is either toocold or too dry for rice to grow. As a result, the main crop in thenorth is wheat. In China, flour is sometimes the main ingredientfor bread but more often used to make buns and noodles。第一句，简单句;第二句如此以至于结构“so... that…"注意so的用法，直接接adj. 或adv。第三句南北对比，可以用while或whereas连接，最后一句也是对比句，主语people是比较泛的大主语，考虑改写为被动句。
As is graphicallydepicted in the cartoon, modern life has been dominated bycomputers. No matter the young man is in the office, at home, andin his spare time, the only friend he has is a computer. Even whenhe sleeps, what is in his dream is still the computer. Apparently,the cartoon aims to reveal the fact that the computer has begun toplay a negative role in the modern life.
The reasons whymodern people are tied up with computers are as follows. To beginwith, they have become increasingly busier in making money;therefore, they need a quick way to outlet their pressure andexhaustion and computer is their ideal companion. Moreover,computers can assist people to deal with complicated working stuff,make friends, and entertain themselves because they have becomegrowingly powerful and everything else is linked with them. Forinstance, two decades ago, computers were far from popular andpeople used them to to practice typing letters and do basic works.However, with the Internet becoming pervasive, computers haveintegrated music, films, shopping, and everything we like intotheir worlds. Now, when we power on the all-mighty computers, whatwe want is out there for us.
To sum up, thislifestyle is absolutely imperfect. In order to lead a healthy life,we are supposed to do more exercises and expose ourselves to thetangible world. Meanwhile, it is about time that we powered thecomputer off and talked with our friends and familily face-to-face.Only in these ways will modern life become more beautiful for youand me.