1. Your friend often feels afraid when speaking in front of a large group of people. What suggestions would you like to give to this friend of yours?
I would like to give my friend the following suggestions. First, try to talk in front of a mirror or a camera so that he can observe himself in terms of facial expressions, eye contact as well as gestures. If he thinks he could do a good job, he would gain some confidence in himself. The next step I’d like to suggest is that he should speak in front of families or friends who he is familiar with. In this case, he could be less nervous. After giving speeches, he may get some real opinions and feedbacks from those people and make improvement afterwards. By practicing over and over again this way, I believe he will be confident enough to speak in front of a large group of people.
2. When you take a trip, do you prefer to just look around, or do you prefer to take pictures and keep journal on the trip.
Well, I will definitely take pictures and keep journal on the trip. A few years ago right after I graduated from college, I took a trip in Europe with three of my roommates. We took a lot of pictures whenever we visited a scenic spot, had a meal or simply walked around the street. I put all those pictures into an album, which has been placed on my bedside table. Now every time when open the album and look at the pictures, it can always bring me back to those carefree days. If I hadn’t taken those photos, those beautiful memories would have probably faded away. Also, I could upload those pictures on Facebook or Instagram to share the wonderful experience with my friends.
3. In the letter, the student suggests that the school should allow students to drink beverages in the library. In the conversation, the girl disagrees. First, there is a café which is not far away from the library. It only takes a few minutes to walk, which is a good way to relax. Besides, accidents do happen sometimes no matter how careful you are with the beverage. So in the long run, there will be stains on the book or damage on the computer.
4. Information overload means amount of information exceeds people’s capacity. 教授给了两个例子，第一个是招聘员工，第一天就收到了很多的应聘和简历，没有时间去一个个看，只能随机抽取来看，以至于很多优秀的应聘者错过了。
6. Arctic的动物有两种方法适应寒冷的天气，第一种是BASKING，蝴蝶展开翅膀，吸收太阳能，保持自身温度。第二种是FREEZING TOLERENCE, 尽管体内水分冻结，但是体内的CHEMICAL物质可以防止冻伤，当温度回升的时候，会恢复到正常情况。