11. A) They often take place in her major industries.
B) British trade unions are more powerful.
C) There are more trade union members in Britain.
D) Britain loses more working days through strikes every year.
12. A) Such strikes are against the British law.
B) Such strikes are unpredictable.
C) Such strikes involve workers from different trades.
D) Such strikes occur frequently these days.
13. A) Trade unions in Britain are becoming more popular.
B) Most strikes in Britain are against the British law.
C) Unofficial strikes in Britain are easier to deal with now.
D) Employer- worker relations in Britain have become tenser.
15. A) He has always lived in America.
B) He has been in America for three years.
C) He visited America three years ago.
D) He has come to America to do research on advertising.
16. A) There were far more advertisements there than he had expected.
B) The advertisements there were well designed.
C) The advertisements there were creative and necessary.
D) He found the advertisements there difficult to understand.
17. A) Be more careful about what they advertise.
B) Spend less money on advertising.
C) Advertise more for their products.
D) Use new advertising techniques.
11. A) About 45 million.
B) About 50 million.
C) About 5.4 million.
D) About 4.5 million.
12. A) The actors and actresses are not paid for their performance.
B) The actors and actresses only perform in their own communities.
C) They exist only in small communities.
D) They only put on shows that are educational.
13. A) It provides them with the opportunity to watch performances for free.
B) It provides them with the opportunity to make friends.
C) It gives them the chance to do something creative.
D) It gives them a chance to enjoy modern art.