1. One of the most common failures of people today is to avoid telling the truth. People must realize that avoidance and lying have never in the past and， in fact， never will right a wrong.
2. Central planning has, at least in part, been blamed for the current demise of state-owned enterprises. Perhaps, however, the greatest blame should be placed on factors such as grossly inefficient management ; the rampant practice of “ guanxi ” ， cronyism and nepotism ; excessively large work forces ; abuses of social benefits ; and without a doubt corruption .
3. A recent survey revealed large disparities in the income levels of male and female workers holding the same position. The determining factor should be qualifications， rather than gender， when determining both the salary and position of an individual.
4. Child development depends on a number of factors, both physical and psychological. Correct parental nurturing from infancy through adolescence determines both the physical and mental profile of a mature individual.
5. Factors such as self-confidence and ambition, combined with determination and willpower, contribute to eventual success or failure.