1. There are several reasons for the marked increase in China's crime rate—the dramatic influx of itinerant workers in urban areas ; declining social values ; and widening disparities between the haves and have-nots .
2. Why are an increasing number of elderly Chinese parents living apart from their children? One reason is the increasing upward mobility of the younger generation. Another is expanding social opportunities for the elderly. Perhaps the main reason， however， centers on dramatic changes in traditional concepts.
3. What has sparked the increasing interest in exercise? For one thing， people have gained a greater awareness of the need for physical fitness. For another， the constantly improving standard of living enables Chinese people to patronize the increasing number of recreational venues. The main thing perhaps centers on the healthcare and psychological benefits exercise provides.
4. The rapid emergence of homes for senior citizens represents a sharp divergence from the traditional Chinese practice of maintaining the nuclear family at all costs.
5. Participating in interactive experiences beneficial to all is something that no one should miss . The valuable lessons learned therefore should not be arbitrarily dismissed ， but should instead be treasured .
6. Perhaps there's no better example of high-level corruption than the case of former Beijing Mayor Chen Xitong .
7. The airliner crash is seen as merely the tip of an iceberg.
8. The importance of exercise to good health is only one example of aspects of life people most often take for granted.
9 Just imagine how great the word would be if we would only exhibit greater concern for our fellowman.