1) There are other techniques .
There are other techniques(that might help you with you studying，后置定语)。
2) There is (more定语) entertainment(in a good book状语)than(比较级)(in a month of typical TV programming状语)》。
3) Most curious of all， there was no quality control whatsoever.
4) There were no breaks in the day to relieve the boring work.
5) In the past 50 years there has been a great increase in the amount of research being done on the brain.过去的五十年，对智力的研究大大增加。
6) There is much that we can learn from him today.今天我们可以从他身上学到很多
7) There are two sides to every question. If you take one side with decision and act on it with effect， those who take the other side will of course resent your actions.
8) There is little sense in treating the child so severely. After all he is too young to know that he was doing wrong.
9) There is no surgical patient I cannot treat competently， treat just as well as or better than any other surgeon.没有我治不了的病人，至少我不比别人治疗的差。
10) There can be on doubt that he is the right person for the job.
11) There is no doubt that these measures will contribute to the solution of the problem.
12) There is urgent need to debate this issue openly
英语里的it是个多功能词(multi-functional word)，最常用的是它的代词功能，可代物“它”、“to do”、“v-ing”“宾补”“主语从句等等。常用结构“It is adj.n to do……”
1) It is advisable to exercise(拥有) patience in dealing with such complicated situations.
这句里，It代指“to exercise(拥有) patience”，后面的“in……”作状语，为“在……中”
2) It is advisable to place important telephone numbers next to the phone in case of an emergency.建议把重要的电话号码放在电话机旁，以备出现紧急情况。
3) It is biologically reasonable for deer to reduce their cost of living to increase their chances of surviving in winter.为了提高冬季存活的机率，鹿必须明智的从生理上减少生存成本，
4) It is essential that the increase in production should be geared to (适应) the increase in public demand.生产量的提高必须和大众的需求相适应。
5) It is necessary that young and old people should communicate more with each other.
6) It is incredible(不可思议) that he ate the big cake just in two bites.不可思议的是，他两口就解决了那个大蛋糕，
7) It is certain that fresh air and exercises are more valuable than medicine.
8) It is certain that with determination and hard work you will succeed eventually.
9) It is easy to fall into bad habits but very difficult to break away form them.
10 It was not until about 1600B.C. when the chariot (马拉战车) was invented that the maximum speed was raised to roughly twenty miles per hour.直到公元前1600年，马拉战车才被发明出来，最高速度提升到大概每小时20英里。
11) It was in times of crisis that I finally found out what he was really like.
12) It takes (took) sb. some time to do sth.
13) It can be argued that such a response may not mean much (有人认为……)
14) It is reported that the electronic industry is going on rapidly in recent year.
15) It pays in the long run (从长远的角度看……) to introduce new technique
16) It has been only twenty-five years since television came to one of people‘s pastimes.