Good afternoon. It's a pleasure to finally meet you.I'm Jennifer Wong from Action Appliances. I hope thetwo of you had a pleasant flight. Please take a seat.
As you know, Action is looking to expand intowestern Canada and the United States. What weneed to get our foot in the door is a well-knowndistributor. To be perfectly honest, it would be quitea head start for us if we could secure a deal with arespected distributor like yourselves, StandardSuppliers.
I'll be responsible for the first round of negotiations here in Taipei. I hope we can make somedefinite headway during your stay in Taiwan. As the stakes get higher, so to speak , mysupervisor, Mr. Cheng, will join us at the bargaining table.
And now, I'm sure you must have questions.
1. It's a pleasure to finally meet you.
2. It's great to finally get a chance to know you.
3. At last, I've been looking forward to meeting you.
1. What we need to get our foot in the door is a well-known distributor.
2. Our main goal is to open doors for our products in the West with a respected distributor.
3. My company's top priority is to introduce our products to new markets in the West, andthat requires a well-known distributor.
直截了当的说明自己的目标和需求--亦即此番将与对方磋商的重要计划;同时，也借机间接来赞赏对方公司的信誉。"well known", "respected", 著名的。
1. I'll be responsible for the first round of negotiations here in Taipei.
2. My main role here is to get the negotiation process started.
3. I'll mainly be in charge of the first round of negotiations.
说明自己将在商谈中扮演的角色，是绝对有必要的，因为，这样才不至于延误后来决策的过程。通常这句话之后还要讲明自己上司扮演的角色。关键词为"responsible for", "in charge of"。
1. And now, I'm sure you must have questions.
2. And now, I'd be happy to answer your questions.
3. I'd like to turn the conversation over to you. Do you have any questions?