Vincent: You know, we don't have to pick either ofthe two options. We could just continue selling ourproduct. After all, it's not really our fault. We did allthe research anyone could do.
Grace: Not a bad idea, but maybe we should look at the larger picture. Maybe no judge wouldsay it's our fault. But people would feel we were wrong, and would stop buying our products. Iknow the options will cost a lot, but doing nothing could break the bank.
Sam: I'd like to add something to what you just said. We've only been talking about moneyhere; we should be talking about people. Is it OK to save the money if we know some peopleare going to get hurt?
Vincent: I guess not. But we just can't take the powder off the market. You know what willhappen. Profits will go down, quickly. The shareholders will get angry. Management will have toblame someone. You know who that will be us!
Grace: We have to make the best of a bad situation. But I can't agree with leaving the producton the market just to save our profits. Not even if we try to make better powders for eacharea.
Sam: Then what do we do?
Grace:We bite the bullet, and take the powder off the market. But there is a way to have thebest of both alternatives. We take one month to do tests, and see if we can easily make thenew powders. If it will be too expensive, we never sell them there again; we pack it in. It will bemy decision.
1. Not a bad idea, but maybe we should look at the larger picture.
2. Not a bad idea, but there's more to this than one might think at first.
3. Not a bad idea, but I think we need to take a second look.
4. Not a bad idea, but I think it would be good if we looked at this again.
"the larger picture"即指‘远景;大局’。这句话是说对方所言不差--"Not a bad idea"，但未能掌握全局。此句型暗示自己不能苟同，但又很技巧地为对方找台阶下。这句话还有将讨论转向另一个不同方向的功用。
1. We have to make the best of a bad situation.
2. We have to make the best of what we've got.
3. We have to do our best with what we've got to work with.
4. We have to look for a way to make the best of a bad situation.
"make the best of..."是形容事情陷入不利情况时，能尽量利用现有的改善情况，甚至找出最佳的出路。这个句型可用在当一切方案都很不乐观，而你似乎有方法，能为颓势带来一线希望。因此这句话有鼓励士气的作用，能让与会者提起兴趣，期待你将要提出的建议。
1. There is a way to have the best of both alternatives.
2. There is a way we can use the best of both options.
3. There is a way we can combine the best of each alternative.
4. There is a way we can take the best parts from each plan.
● More 驳斥
That's just not feasible.
I really can't accept that.
I'm absolutely/completely against that.
That's out of the question.
I'm afraid I can't accept that.
I'm sorry, but that's not really practical.
I'm afraid I'm not very happy about that.
I'm sorry, but I have reservations about that.
I don't want to be discouraging, but...
I accept the need for (something), but...
I appreciate your point of view, but...
I can see why you want to do this, but...
That's very interesting, but...