爱思英语编者按:第四季的剧情从尼尔在第三季季终时的逃亡开始。正当FBI总部对尼尔的搜索行动因为一个对尼尔穷追不舍的探员(麦凯·费弗,Mekhi Phifer客串演出)而不断升温之时,彼得也离开了FBI,去寻找尼尔。尼尔要是出了什么事,那我也活不下去了。”彼得话虽这样说,但他愿为保护尼尔做出多大的牺牲呢?

美剧口语笔记:《猫鼠游戏》S04E05

15.jpg

口语精华:

1. I'm not in the mood for conspiracy theories.
我没心情听阴谋论。

2. The devil finds work for idle hand to do.
游手好闲,造恶之源。

3. You are supposed to be taking some time off.
你应该休息几天的。

4. We need to do things strictly by the book.
我们需要严格遵守章程办事。

5. No one's willing to stick their necks out.
没有人愿意冒险。

6. You are a hard man to track down.
你真是个让人很难摸清行踪的人。

7. That will buy me some time.
那会为我赢得一些时间。

8. If you avoid something long enough, it has a tendency to blindside you.
如果你长时间回避某一件事,它很可能会在你毫无防备的时候打击到你。

9. I'm glad to see you're a man of your word.
我很高兴你是个守信的人。

10. You're as good as your reputation.
你果然名不虚传。

11. You were put in a difficult situation.
你陷入了一个很艰难的处境中。

12. Due diligence and all.
尽职调查。

作者: MJE美剧口语联盟 (整理/排版:何方   校对:Cecil)

欢迎关注我们的新浪围脖: @MJE美剧口语联盟