源自拉丁文nuntiare, report（报告）, claim（声称）, relate（叙述）。
nuntius, messenger 信使
【印欧字根 *neu-, to shout 呼叫】
★ announce [E5naJns]
｛an- (=ad-), intensive prefix 加强词意 ＋ -nounce, to report 报告 → 宣告｝
* Have they announced when the race will begin?
* Please announce to the children that there will be no school this afternoon.
annunciate [ə'nʌnʃieit, -si-]
nunciature ['nʌnsiətʃə, -ʃiə-]
☆ announcement [E5naJnsmEnt]
｛-ment, action, process名词字尾，表「行为或过程」｝
* An announcement will be made next week.
★ pronounce [prE5nauns]
｛pro-,before, forth 在～前，向前 ＋ -nounce, to report 报告｝
* She is the student who pronounces best in the class.
* He pronounced that we were fired.
☆ pronunciation [prE7nQnsI5eFEn]
｛pro-, before 在～前 ＋ -nunci, to relate讲＋ -ation, action 名词字尾，表行动｝
* American English differs from British English in pronunciation.
★ denounce [dI5naJns]
｛de-, reduce 降低 ＋ -nounce, to report 报告｝
* The minister’s action was denounced in the newspaper.
* They denounced him to the police as a thief.
★ enunciate [I5nQnsI7et]
｛e-(= ex-), out 出来 ＋ -nunci-, to relate 讲 ＋ -ate, to make 动词字尾，表「使～」｝
* to enunciate views
* She enunciated each word slowly for her students.
☆ enunciation [I9nQnsI`eFEn]
｛-ation, action or process 名词字尾，表「行为或过程」｝
* His enunciation on the subject of politics made the authorities angry. 他对政治问题发表意见令当局不快。
★ renounce [rI5naJns]
｛re-, against 相反 ＋ -nounce, to relate 说｝
* From this moment I renounce your friendship.
☆ renunciation [rI7nQnsI5eFEn]
｛-ation (= -ate + -ion), action 名词字尾，表「行为」｝
* He made a renunciation of his chairmanship.