第 1 页:对白欣赏
第 2 页:词汇解释
第 3 页:句子解析

LYDIA: Officers! Officers as far as the eye can see!

莉迪亚:军官,军官!多得不得了!

KITTY: How will we meet them?

凯蒂:怎么跟他们相见呢?

LYDIA: It's easy. You just walk up and down in front of them and drop something. 

莉迪亚:很简单。你可以走在他们前面,在他们面前丢下什么东西。

Lydia pantomimes the actions for Kitty. 

莉迪亚为凯蒂比划着。

LYDIA: (cont'd) They pick it up. You say 'Oh thank you sir' and blush prettily and then you're introduced! 

莉迪亚:他们会捡起来。你要说“奥,谢谢你,先生”,然后装可爱脸红,这样就可以结识了。

Couples begin to form for the next dance. Mr Bingley turns to Jane. 

人们开始结对,准备下一场舞。宾利先生转向简。

MR BINGLEY: May I have the honour? 

宾利先生:可以请您跳舞吗?

They leave to dance (Dance 2). Lizzie addresses Darcy as much to distract him from her family as for any other reason. 

他们跳了起来。出于某些原因,丽齐尽可能多地跟达西聊天,以避免他听到自己家人的谈话。

LIZZIE: Do you dance Mr Darcy?

丽齐:您跳舞吗,达西先生?

DARCY: Not if I can help it. 

达西:如有可能,尽可能不跳。

Lizzie, Darcy and Miss Bingley stand in uncompanionable silence. 

丽齐、达西和宾利小姐陷入不自然的沉默中。

On the dance floor Mr Bingley is dancing with Jane. His ears are bright pink. Mrs Bennet, with a group of other mothers, watches the young couple with rather too obvious a satisfaction. 

宾利正在跟简跳舞,他的双眼闪闪发亮。班奈特太太和别的太太们站在一起,心满意足地看着这对年轻人。

MRS BENNET: That dress becomes her,does it not? Though of course my Jane needs little help from couturiers

班奈特太太:那身衣服很配她,不是吗?当然,我家简几乎不需要什么打扮。

Lizzie wanders through the throng. She looks at Bingley and Jane dancing - Jane is calm and demure, Bingley clearly smitten.

丽齐在人群中闲逛着,她看着跳舞的宾利和简,简外表平静而端庄,宾利显然被她迷住了。
 
Later. Darcy is joined by an exhilarated Bingley. 

一会儿,达西走到兴奋的宾利身边。

MR BINGLEY: Upon my word I've never seen so many pretty girls in my life.

宾利先生:我从来没见过今天晚上这么多可爱的姑娘。

DARCY: You are dancing with the only handsome girl in the room.

达西:舞场上只有一位漂亮姑娘,她在跟你跳舞!

BINGLEY: Oh, she is the most beautiful creature I ever beheld, but her sister Lizzie is very agreeable. 

宾利:我从来没见过这么美丽的姑娘!可她妹妹伊丽莎白也很讨人喜欢。

They have stopped at the edge of the dance floor but have not seen Lizzie and Charlotte who are hiding behind a pillar. Lizzie starts to smile. 

他们在舞池的一角停了下来,没有注意到丽齐和夏洛特就藏在柱子的后面。丽齐笑了笑。

DARCY: Perfectly tolerable, I dare say, but not handsome enough to tempt me. 

她还过得去吧,可是还不够让我动心。

Lizzie stops smiling. 

丽齐不笑了。

DARCY: (cont'd) You had better return to your partner and enjoy her smiles, for you are wasting your time with me. 

达西:你还是回去找你的舞伴,欣赏她的笑脸吧,犯不着把时间浪费在我这儿。

Bingley goes off. 

宾利走开了。

CHARLOTTE: Count your blessings, Lizzie. If he liked you, you'd have to talk to him.

夏洛特:知足吧,丽萃。要是他喜欢你,你还得去敷衍他呢。

LIZZIE: Precisely. As it is, I would not dance with him for all of Derbyshire, let alone the miserable half. 

丽齐:你说得没错。就算把整个德比郡都给我,我也不会跟他跳舞,何况是愁眉苦脸的那半个郡。

注:爱思原创,转载请注明出处。