1. huge adj.极大
Samson was a man of huge physical strength.
2. inferior adj.较低的
His grades are inferior to mine this semester.
3. invent v.发明
Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone in 1876.
4. lighten v.照亮
A candle lightened the darkness of the great hall.
5. male n.男性
Boys and men are males; girls and women are females.
6. merit n.价值
Each child will get a mark according to the merit of his work.
7. mortal adj.致命的
He received a mortal wound soon after the battle began.
It's beyond mortal power to bring a dead man back to life.
8. opportunity n.机会
I am glad to have this opportunity of speaking to you.
9. palace n.宫殿
His home is a palace compared with our poor little house.
10. peasant n.农夫;农人
Many peasants were needed help the farmer with the harvest.
1. They are building a new ( ) for their king.
2. For most birds the ( ) is bigger and more brightly colored than the female.
3. I have had no ( ) to give him your message, because I have not seen him.
4. Edison didn't ( ) many useful things for money.
5. Whales and elephants are ( ) animals.