英语口译之《功夫熊猫1》十九:

 [Scene: Shifu finds out the secret to teach Po, and he trains Po by the temptation of food. Finally succeed.]

-Po: I know you're trying to be all mystical and kungfuey,

我知道你为教我武功,故弄玄虚。

but could you at least tell me where we're going?

但也至少告诉我现在是去哪吧?

You dragged me all the way out here...

drag: 拖

你让我累死累活爬上来……

for a bath?

就为了让我洗个澡?

-Master: Panda

熊猫,

we do not wash our pits in the Pool of Sacred Tears.

这池神圣之泪可不是给你洗腋窝的。

-Po: The Pool of...

这个池是……

-Master: This is where Oogway unraveled the mysteries

unravel: 阐明 mystery: 神迹

这是Oogway大师参透禅机的地方,

of harmony and focus.

两极调和,心无旁骛。

This is the birthplace of kung fu.

birthplace: 发源地

这就是功夫的发源地。

-Master: Do you want to learn kung fu?

你想学功夫吗?

-Po: Yeah!

当然!

-Master: Then I am your master!

那么我就是你的师傅!

-Po: OK!

明白!

-Master: Don't cry.

不要哭。

-Po: OK.

知道了。

-Master: When you focus on kung fu

当你一心想着功夫,

when you concentrate, you stink.

stink: 发出臭味

心无杂念,你就会散发出体臭。

Perhaps that is my fault.

不过那也许是我的错。

I cannot train you the way I have trained the Five.

我不该一成不变,像教导“五杰”一样教导你。

I now see that the way to get through to you...

不过现在我明白了,要你学好武功,

is with this.

就得靠这个。

-Po: Oh, great, cause I am hungry.

噢,太棒了!我饿死了。

-Master: Good.

很好。

When you have been trained, you may eat.

你有点长进的时候,就可以吃了。

Let us begin.

授业开始。

-Master: After you, panda.

熊猫,你先请。

-Po: Just like that?

这么简单?

No sit-ups? No ten-mile hike?

不需要仰卧起坐?不需要十里跑步?

-Master: I vowed to train you, and you have been trained.

vow: 誓愿

我起誓教你武功,你也学有所成。

You are free to eat.

你可以尽情享用了。

Enjoy.

多吃点。

-Po: Hey!

嘿!

-Master: I said you are free to eat. Have a dumpling.

我说了你可以尽情享用,来个饺子。

-Po: Hey!

嘿!

-Master: You are free to eat.

尽情享用。

-Po: Am I?!

我可以吗?!

-Master: Are you?!

你可以吗?!

-Po: I'm not hungry.

我不饿。

Master.

师傅