英语口译之《功夫熊猫1》八:
 
[Scene: in the Jade Palace, Master Shifu is teaching a lesson to Po.]
 
-People: Dragon Warrior! Dragon Warrior!

龙武士!龙武士!

Dragon Warrior! Dragon Warrior!

龙武士!龙武士!

-Po: Wait a second!

等一下!

I think there's been a slight mistake.

我想这是个小误会。

Everyone seems to think that I'm...

大家都以为我是……

The Sacred Hall of Warriors!

这是武士圣殿!

No way!

不会吧!

Look at this place.

瞧瞧这地儿,

Master Flying Rhino's armor with authentic battle damage!

rhino: 犀牛authentic: 真正的

飞行犀牛大师的盔甲,还有货真价实的战斗中损坏的痕迹!

The Sword of Heroes!

英雄之剑!

Said to be so sharp you can cut yourself just by looking.

据说看看都会受伤,

The Invisible Trident of Destiny!

invisible: 隐形的 trident: 三叉戟 destiny: 命运

隐形的命运之杖!

I've only seen paintings of that painting.

我只见过这画的赝品。

No!

不会吧!

The legendary Urn of Whispering Warriors.

urn: 骨灰缸  whisper: 说悄悄话

传说中的武士窃语之瓮。

Said to contain the souls of the entire Tenshu Army.

soul: 灵魂

据说里面有整个天书军的灵魂。

Hello.

你们好。

-Master: Have you finished sight-seeing?

sight-seeing: 观光

你观光完毕了吗?

-Po: Sorry, I should have come to you first.

对不起,我该先来看你。

-Master: My patience is wearing thin.

wearing thin: 逐渐消失

我的耐心有限,

-Po: Well, I mean, it's not like you were going anywhere.

不过,看起来你也没法去哪儿。

-Master: would you Turn around?

你能转过身来吗?

-Po: Sure.

当然可以。

How's it going?

嗨,这怎么弄的?

How do you get 5 000... Master Shifu!

你是怎么让五千…… 大师傅!

Someone... broke that.

有人把这个打碎了。

But I'll fix it.

但我会给补好的。

Do you have some...

你有没有……

...glue?

胶水?

A splinter.

splinter: 碎片

有一块碎片。

-Master: So you're the legendary Dragon Warrior?

你就是那个传说中的“龙武士”?

-Po: I guess so.

我想是吧。

-Master: Wrong!

错!

You are not the Dragon Warrior. You will never be the Dragon Warrior until...

你不是也不可能是龙武士,除非

you have learned the secret of the Dragon Scroll.

除非你学会了那龙轴里的秘密。

-Po: So how does this work?

那我怎么上去呢?

Do you have a ladder or a trampoline or...?

trampoline: 蹦床,

你有梯子或者蹦床或者其它东西……

-Master: You think it's that easy?

你想的太简单了,

That I'll just hand you the secret

我会把那无限力量的秘密

to limitless power?

就这么交给你?

-Po: No I...

不,我……

-Master: One must first master the highest level of kung fu.

一个人必须先达到功夫的最高境界,

And that is impossible if that one is someone like you.

而像你这样的人是不可能了。

-Po: Someone like me?

像我这样?

-Master: Yes, look at you! This fat butt!Flabby arms!

butt: 屁股 flabby: (肌肉)松软的

没错,你瞧瞧你这肥肥的臀,软绵绵的手臂,

Those are sensitive in the flabby parts.

啊,这些赘肉可都娇贵的很呢!

And this ridiculous belly.

ridiculous: 滑稽的 belly: 肚子

还有这滑天下之大稽的大肚皮。

And utter disregard for personal hygiene.

disregard: 不顾 hygiene: 卫生

还有,一点儿也不讲个人卫生。

-Po: Now, wait a minute. That's uncalled for.

uncalled for: 不适当的

嘿,积点口德。这么说可有点不耐听。

-Master: Don't stand that close. I can smell your breath.

别站这么近,口臭都出来了。

-Po: Listen, Oogway said I was...

听着,Oogway大师说我是……

The Wuxi Finger Hold. Not the Wuxi Finger Hold!

啊,巫师指,别用巫师指!

-Master: Oh, you know this hold?

哦,你知道这个指法?

-Po: Developed by Master WuXi in the Third Dynasty.

第三王朝时,巫师大师发明的。

Then you know what happens when I flex my pinky.

flex: 弯曲 pinky: 小手指

那你一定知道,一旦弯下小指会发生什么了。

-Po: No, no!

不,不要

-Master: You know the hardest part of this?

你知道最难办的是什么吗?

The hardest part is cleaning up afterwards.

就是清理你的尸骨残骸。

-Po: OK, OK, take it easy.

好吧,好吧,不要激动。

-Master: Now listen closely, panda.

那仔细听着,熊猫。

Oogway may have picked you but when I'm through with you

Oogway也许选了你,可当我找上你,

I promise you, you're going to wish he hadn't!

我向你保证,你会希望,他选的不是你!

Are we clear?

清楚了吗?

-Po: Yeah, we're clear. We're so clear.

清楚了,清楚了,太清楚了。

-Master: Good.

很好,呵呵。

I can't wait to get started.

我都按耐不住,就等着开始了。

Let's begin.

我们开始吧