1. The new secretary is supposed to report to the manager as soon as she ______________.
A. will arrive B. arrives C. is arriving D. is going to arrive
2. The volleyball match will be put off if it _______________.
A. will rain B. rains C. rained D. is raining
3. Remember to send me a photo of your son next time you ____________to me.
A. write B. will write C. are writing D. would write
4. If city noises __________from increasing, people ___________shout to be heard even at the
dinner table in 20 years from now.
A. are not kept; will have to B. are not kept; have to
C. do not deep; will have to D. do not deep; have to
5. I need one more stamp before my collection ____________.
A. has completed B. completes C. has been completed D. is completed
6. It is ten years ____________I left home.
A. when B. after C. since D. as
7. He speaks English _____________he speaks his mother tongue.
A. so good as B. as good as C. so well as D. as well as
8. Try _______he might, he couldn’t get out of difficulty.
A. when B. where C. till D. as
9. __________I saw the computer, I showed great interest in it.
A. At first B. For the first time C. Until D. The first time
10. I don’t think you’ll be able to understand this formula(公式) ____________you finish school.
A. as if B. only when C. even D. even when
11.The old tower must be saved, ______ the cost.
A. however B. whatever C. whichever D. wherever
12.There was never any time for Kate to feel lonely, _____ she was an only child.
A. ever since B. now that C. even though D. even as
13.We thought there were 35 students in the dining hall, ______, in fact, there were 40.
A. while B. whether C. what D. which
1-5 BBAAD 6-10 CDDDD 11-13 BCA