Part Ⅳ Cloze (15 minutes)Directions:There are 20 blanks in the following passage.For each blank there are four choices
marked A),B),C) and D) on the right side of the paper.You should choose the ONE that best fits into the passage.Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre.
More than forty thousand readers told us what they looked for in close friendships, what they expected_61_friends,what they were willing to give in_62_,and how satisfied they were_63_ the quality of their friendships.the_64_give little comfort to social critics.Friendship_65_to be a unique form of _66_ bonding .Unlike marriage or the ties that_67_parents and children, it is not defined or regulated by_68_.Unlike other social rotes that we are expected to _69_ as citizens, employees,members of professional societies and_70_ organizations-it has its own principle , which is to promote _71_ of warmth,trust,love,and affection _72_ two people.The survey on friendship appeared in the March _73_ of Psychology Today.The findings _74_ that issues of trust and betrayal (背叛) are _75_ to friendship.They also suggest that our readers do not _76_ for friends only among those who are _77_ like them, but find many _78_ differ in race,religion,and ethnic(种族的) background.Arguably the most impor tant _79_ that emerges from the data, _80_ ,is not something that we found-but what we did not.
61. A) on B) of C) to D) for?
62. A) addition B) reply C) turn D) return?
63. A) about B) of C) with D) by?
64. A) results B) effects C) expectations D) consequences?
65. A) feels B) leads C) sounds D) appears?
66. A) human B) mankind C) individual D) civil?
67. A) bind B) attach C) control D) attract?
68. A) discipline B) law C) rule D) regulation?
69. A) keep B) do C) show D) play?
70. A) all B) any C) other D) those?
71. A) friendship B) interests C) feelings D) impressions?
72. A) between B) on C) in D) for?
73. A) print B) issue C) publication D) copy?
74. A) secure B) assure C) confirm D) resolve?
75. A) neutral B) main C) nuclear D) central?
76. A) ask B) call C) appeal D) look?
77. A) most B) more C) least D) less