- An up elevator.
- A flight of steps led up to the house.
- He decided to appeal to a higher court.
- He came into the room with his overcoat collar upturned.
- The salt water, being more dense, flows upstream under the fresh water which is flowing downstream
- "Growing or directing upward from a curved or slanted base, as certain plant stems."
- In many places such flows of magma have pushed up the surface rocks to form huge ridges
- Clearing occurs as the held loop slips off the latch and onto the stem as the needle moves upwards.
- To turn over or up.
- An upward slope or incline.
- Vapors steam upward from the earth.
- Vines spiraled upward toward the roof.
- To move a hopper or stacker upward or downward.
- A yellow tongue of flame shot upwards.
- The chopper shot upward in a maneuver matched by the other pilot.