- Newton says he has abandoned the infinitesimal or infinitely small quantity.
- The infinitely small "dx" and "dy" were sometimes described as vanishing or incipient quantities
- dimensionless quantity
- A dimensionless geometric object having no properties except location.
- A dimensionless physics is not so profound as it may sound, nor would it necessarily be a terminus of man's downward probing.
- A very useful tool for scale-up is the dimensionless group. This is the grouping of system variables so as to cancel out their dimensions.