make a statement
take the floor
- To break out into violent language
- They seldom speak.
- The moderator could not choke her off
- He will speak to a point that is pertinent, and not travel out of the record
- He unceremoniously cut her off
- You won't need your speech today, Nancy.
- Defence counsel make a speech in mitigation.
- I am greatly honored to be invited to attend and speak at the closing ceremony of the conference.
- Her speech argued the case against atomic weapons very effectively.
- The speaker can extemporize on any of a number of subjects.
- contest a statement
- But that is an odd statement.
- Their statement was correct.
- You scatter its uttering.
- utter(a sound)with voice
- How can you utter such falsehoods?
- a man of this make
- make an example of
- make a dive for