- Materials which have magnetic properties similar to iron are ferromagnetic
- Thousands of small ferromagnetic cores are strung on wires in a network as shown in Fig. 42
- A number of rather exotic ferromagnetic materials have been studied to this end
- Magnetic-particle inspection uses magnetic fields to locate surface and subsurface discontinuities in ferromagnetic materials.
- The transition from ferromagnetism to paramagnetism involves a transition from ordered to disordered orientations of electron spins