to be changed beyond recognition
to look entirely different
The original text has been modified so radically that it is barely recognizable.
out of all recognition
- The wall has been defaced with slogans.
- The editor hacked the story to bits
- The temple has been restored out of all recognition.
- Returning to his hometown after a fifteen-year absence, he saw that all was changed or distorted beyond recognition.
- She lost the young woman's skin and slim body figure, the change is great, and the life and death cycle is a struggle.
- ursula was aware of the bright moon leaping and swaying, all distorted, in her eyes
- Some of the finer typefaces are corrupted by cheap, popular computer printers.