1. He left in ___a hurry ___he forgot to lock the door.
A. such, that B. so, that C. such, as D. so, when
2. You must improve your study method _____ you may make progress in your studies.
A. so as to B. in order to C. so D. in order that
3. The Prime Minister got to the platform and sat down, ____to answer the questions.
A. preparing B . being preparing C . prepared D . to prepare
4. They demanded a rise in their wages ___up for the ____ cost of living.
A. to make, increase B. made, increased C. to be made, increasing D. making, increasing
5. ---Why did you move the table over there? --- ____ the new sofa.
A. To make room for B. Share room with C. Given room to D. Saving room for
6.My parents live in a small village.They always keep candles in the house（） there is a power out.
A.if B.unless C.in case D.so that
7.I’d like to arrive 20 minutes early （） I can have time for a cup of tea.
A.as soon as B.as a result C.in case D.so that
8. You’d better take something to read when you go to see the doctor （） you have to wait.
A.even if B.as if C.in case D.in order that
9. The little time we have together we try ____ wisely.
A. spending it B. to spend it C. to spend D. spending that
10. Paul doesn’t have to be made _____. He always works hard.
A. learn B. to learn C. learned D. learning
1-5 A D C A A 6-10 C D B C B