1. Which of these adjectives describes clothing which is designed to keep heat in?
a) warming clothes
b) thermal clothes
c) heating clothes
d) temperate clothes
2. I can't stand wearing __________. They're like gloves but you can't use your fingers independently! It's impossible to ride a bike or use a phone when you are wearing them!
3. If you are going outside, make sure to take your __________ ! It's winter and I don't want your feet getting cold and wet.
4. It comes from a sheep and is called wool, but when it becomes a jacket, what is it called?
a) a fur
b) a fleece
c) a pelt
d) a hide
5. A: Wow! I love your __________ . Are they comfortable and warm?
B: Yes, but when I wear them it means I can't put on my headphones because they sit in the same place!
a) head muffs
c) ear blobs
6. I can't believe how expensive these __________ jackets are! They're only filled with __________! It's too much to pay for ones filled with bird feathers.
a) puff, plume
b) puffer, down
c) puffing, quills
d) puffed, fluffs
1) b, 2) a, 3) a, 4) b, 5) d, 6) b.