1. Snow is really weird. When it’s fres h it’s the most beautiful thing in the world, but as soon as it turns into ______ it looks awful! It goes all black and muddy.
2. It’s such a ______ day. It's cold, the sky is dark grey and I can’t even see the sun. This winter has been so ______. There’s no light and it’s so cold!
a) dark, strong
b) bleak, harsh
c) bright, intensive
d) black, strict
3. Look at the picture. I love the winter because of all the ______ that form on the edges of things where water drips and freezes.
4. I wouldn’t drive today if I were you. They said there’s a lot of bad weather coming. There’s going to be a terrible ______ and there’s a high chance of a ______. That means you won’t be able to see or drive.
a) snowstorm, blindness
b) ice tornado, blackout
c) ice storm, mirage
d) blizzard, whiteout
5. A: Are you worried about the car not starting?
B: No. I filled it up with ______. It should start fine. Let’s go home.
6. Bears hibernate. That means that in the ______ when the nights are at their longest and the weather is at its coldest, they are safe and warm, asleep in their dens.
a) dead of winter
b) mid of winter
c) half of winter
d) noon of winter
1) a, 2) b, 3) d, 4) d, 5) b, 6) a.